How to Survive an Active Shooter/Active Threat
You are Not Powerless
- You can AVOID the shooter by running away.
- Head toward the nearest exit, leaving belongings behind and encouraging others to go with you.
- You can DENY the shooter access to your location.
- Lock or barricade yourself into a room that offers both cover and concealment.
- You can DEFEND yourself using improvised weapons.
- There is strength in numbers. Work together to subdue the threat.
Upon Completion of the Active Shooter/Active Threat Training Class, You Will Learn How to Survive and Be Able to:
- Recognize warning signs at your workplace or surroundings.
- Discuss how to prepare yourself properly for an Active Threat Situation.
- Recognize signs that an active threat is near.
- Identify the best course of action to take if confronted with an active shooter.
- Avoid the shooter. Deny the shooter's access to you. Defend yourself and execute a plan.
- Know what to do when the police arrive on the scene.